DesignInc won a design competition for this project which occupies a prominent site in St. Peter’s College extensive grounds.
It is a ‘state of the art’ facility of 4,500 sm including a double sports gym, indoor swimming pools, change rooms, theory rooms, weights training, multi purpose hall, kitchen, administration & storage.
Features a masted roof structure, central mall, precast concrete panel walls & sprung timber floors.
E.S.D. Features Include:
• Low embodied energy construction
• Natural ventilation and lighting to the sports hall and natural skylighting to foyer and pool hall
• Recycling of all roof water to aquifer
• Heat exchangers take roof heat from pool to heat the air
• Designed for 50 years, with minimum maintenance
St. Peter’s College
2003 ASI South Australian Architectural Steel Design Award.
2003 RAIA, SA Chapter, Sustainable Architecture Award, Commendation