DesignInc Sydney as a partner in the consortium of Timothy Court and Scott Carver, were awarded the consultancy to design and document the International Equestrian Centre for use in the Sydney 2000 Olympic Games.
Completed in September 1999, the venue after the Olympics is the permanent home for equestrian sport in New South Wales. Features include :
• A combined Show Jumping and dressage main arena with permanent seating for 2000 people. Grass banks are designed to accommodate a further 3000 spectators and areas for temporary seating accommodating an extra 15,000 seats.
• A Fully enclosed 70 x 35 metre indoor training hall with permanent seating for 800 spectators.
• A stable complex for 224 horses and tack rooms.
• Administration building and spectator amenities.
• Over 25 kms of course for training and 3 day event.
New South Wales
Olympic Coordination Authority
2000 Metal Building Award, Certificate of Merit