The Wellbeing Centre at Geelong Grammar is designed to provide facilities for a large range of indoor sports. The design of the building is modeled around a concept of personalised health and fitness rather than competition.
In addition to providing for ball games, water sports, movement, exercise and weights, the Wellbeing Centre also accommodates the school health care centre, health promotion and a la carte health food and drink cafeteria. The building is clean, articulate, ecologically smart and contextual.
• The building has a minimum footprint with minimum surface area, a large percentage of which is highly reflective.
• The western facade windows are protected by rotating blades.
• The courts are naturally vented and night purged.
• All rainwater is collected and recycled.
• A back flush recycling system is included.
• The pool hall is heated with air recycled from heated pool.
Geelong Grammar School